When the weather gets hot it’s nice to swap out a hot meal for a cool one. This summertime smoothie tastes amazing, is easy to make and best of all is portable!
With its tangy citrus and sweet vanilla, this nutrient-packed smoothie will have you cooling down from the inside out.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 1 frozen ripe banana (peeled & sliced)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- 2 scoops vanilla whey
- 2 teaspoons orange zest (optional)
- 1/2 – 1 cup ice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
Place all ingredients except the ice in a blender and puree until blended. Add ice and puree until smooth. Pour into a glass and serve with a straw.
For an extra nutrition punch, you can add 1 cup of your favorite greens like kale or spinach!