This classic oatmeal cookie recipe gets a flavor twist with coconut, white chocolate chips (which have a more delicate flavor than milk or dark chocolate) and tart dried cranberries. Perfect for the holiday season!
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup white chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk brown sugar, butter, egg and vanilla in a large bowl. Add the flour mixture, oats, cranberries, coconut and white chocolate chips and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined. Drop level tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, making 12 cookies per batch.
Bake until golden brown on the bottom, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with the remaining dough.