It’s too hot outside to be using the oven right now, so we’ve got a tasty no bake snack for you. Homemade, healthy, no bake almond butter granola bars will be your new favorite snack. These chewy granola bars are packed with wholesome ingredients like almond butter, honey, flax, almonds, and drizzled with dark chocolate.
- ½ cup creamy natural almond butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup flaxseed meal (or grind up some flax seeds if you don’t have meal)
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup almonds, roughly chopped (or sub any other nut)
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- Add almond butter, coconut oil, honey, vanilla and cinnamon to a medium saucepan and place over low heat. Stir until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Remove from heat and immediately stir in flaxseed meal and oats. Fold in almonds and shredded coconut and stir until combined.
- Line an 8×4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper; pour granola bar mixture in and spread out evenly, then press down in the pan very firmly. Press remaining roasted almonds on top.
- Place dark chocolate chips and ½ teaspoon coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high in 30 second increments, stirring until chocolate is completely smooth and melted. Drizzle over bars.
- Cover the bars with foil, and place bars in the fridge for 30 minutes-1 hour or until mixture has hardened. Remove bars from pan and cut into 8 granola bars anyway you’d like. Store bars in the fridge, either individually wrapped in plastic or parchment paper. Bars will last up to 1 week in the fridge.