Try these healthy blondies made with chickpeas, peanut butter, and chocolate. They taste amazing and no one will believe they’re good for you. Flourless and no butter!
- Cooking Spray (try avocado oil since its great for cooking at high temps)
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup all natural almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, plus 2 tablespoons
- sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray 8×8 inch pan with cooking spray (or oil of your choice).
- In a food processor, add all ingredients except chocolate chips and process until batter is smooth. Fold in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Note: Dark chocolate is lower in sugar and higher in antioxidants.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on top. Bake for 17 – 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and edges are a tiny bit brown. The batter may look underdone, but you don’t want them to dry out!
- Cool pan for 20 minutes on wire rack. Sprinkle with sea salt then cut into squares. Makes 16 blondies.
Adding an egg to the batter will make it more cake-like.
You can use your favorite nut butter, just make sure it’s all natural.
Feel free to add in other things according to your dietary needs like nuts, dried fruit, or other types of chocolate.