- 1 1/4 pounds flank steak
- 8 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 1/2 cups baby arugula
- 2 1/2 cups watercress
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives (optional)
- 1/3 cup feta or goat cheese
- 4 lemon wedges
How to make it:
- Combine 7 tablespoons avocado oil, balsamic vinegar, red wine, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and garlic cloves in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Pour oil mixture into a large zip-top plastic bag. Add steak to bag; press air out, and tightly seal bag. Turn 3 to 4 times to coat steaks with vinegar mixture, firmly rubbing vinegar mixture into the surface of the steak. Refrigerate 4 hours, turning bag 1 to 2 times while marinating.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with 1 tbsp. of avocado oil. Remove steak from bag, and discard marinade. Sprinkle steak with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add steak to pan, and cook 3 1/2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from heat. Transfer steaks to a cutting board; let stand for 5 minutes.
- While the steaks rest, combine arugula and watercress in a medium bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and lemon juice; toss to coat.
- Slice steak diagonally across the grain into thin strips. Sprinkle steak evenly with parsley, chives, and cheese. Serve with lemon wedges.