Need a quick healthy side dish in under 15 minutes? This summer salad is healthy and refreshing. The mix of sweet, salty and cool flavours are perfect for hot summer days.
- 4 cups watermelon cubes (about 1 inch cubes)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- The zest of 1 medium lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh mint chopped (reserve a few whole leaves for garnish)
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 3 cups fresh arugula
- freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt to taste , optional
- In large bowl combine olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and mint. Stir to combine.
- Add watermelon chunks and gently stir to coat the dressing in the watermelon.
- Add feta cheese, arugula, and black pepper. Gently toss to combine all ingredients. Taste for seasoning and add salt if needed. Serve chilled.